Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Frickin long day

Whoa. What a day. It all started on a beach in Bermuda... or so I thought, until I was awakened by Christine. I don't exactly remember what we talked about, because it was 8 o'clock in the morning, and I was very sleepy. I just remember she played a lot of Burnout Revenge, like we usually do. We didn't have a plan for today, just to hang out. I showered, ate breakfast, and she proposes an amazing idea. That we go play some squash together! Christine's been raving about this sport since she discovered it in Prince George, and I've wanted to try it out ever since Brian and I watched a professional match on TV while we were in Whistler. "Hey Christine, SFU charges like 7 bucks for parking." -I bring this to our attention after we've driven all the way up the mountain in hopes of saving some money by using SFU's cheaper squash courts. We ended up going to Hyde creek, and it was still good. So I was officially the first one that Christine introduced the game to here in the lower mainland, and I must say... It rocks. I can't say that enough. This sport rules. It's fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping, and it gives you a challenge.. and a chance to slide around impressively, even if you don't always get the ball... *cough. I thought that I would be as good at this as I am at all sports, which is not very good at all. I suck at any sport that I play, I'm just inept. However, squash wasn't that bad. Sure, I wasn't up to Christine's quality, but that's just not fair. We played for a full 2 and a half hours, and after we got out, I don't think I could've lifted the racket again.
We then drove (rather sluggishly) to get gelato, and we settled for the first time on a different gelato place. 'Cause Esquires (alright, who said that?) was closed. That's where her and I always go, and where most of my paycheck goes, too. We were going to go to the beach, but settled on just the ice cream.
I was extremely sweaty, so it was a good idea, i doubt you'll disagree, that I take a shower. "Take a shower? Take it where? Just leave it where it is!" After which, we played some Burnout together and I took her to school. Badly. I like how she excells in something requiring physical activity, and I'm good at pushing buttons. We went to Craig's so Christine could get her wallet, where we met Boba Fett and Craig's Hummer grill. ...Yeah, I thought that too.

Film meeting! Full house today! Chris, Craig, Paul, Jason Pelley, new guy Ryan, Krista, Marcela, Angela, Mark, Paul, Ray and I all piled into the rec room of the Treehouse. We read a script, and then split off into two groups, and filmed little workshops, so we'd all be busy doing stuff. Mark was the camera man/director for our group, which was Marcela and I. She was chasing me through the woods because I, dating her little sister, had some enemies who were going to take her sister away, so she was chasing me down to beat me up. Marcela, Mark and I ended up throwing in a surprise ending that noone was expecting. To debrief, we went to Dewy's pub, where I had one of their great toonie burgers, and we just talked and chilled after the filming.

To end off the day, Jay, Brian, Paul and I talked Star Wars and played with my saber, after which, Paul and I were in the mood to watch Revenge of the Sith, and after which we watched the special features. We couldn't comprehend how much went in to the making of this movie, and they were showing the different departments and what they did, and we were just blown away at how much stuff there was! In then end, it was 5:15 when we eventually packed it in. Now, I am so tired, and so done. A great day.
UMOTD:
I got attacked by Kids today. Kids with water guns. At first, they didn't really spray me. They slowly started as I walked to my door with Christine. I thought that if I ignored the cold water, that they'd stop. Not the case. Not the case at all.