Sunday, May 13, 2007

Of Mothers

I've just finished watching "The Nativity Story" with my family. It was all part of our mother's day. Ever since this morning, we've been doing things as a family. We had pizza and rented a movie of my mom's choice. At first, I thought it was going to be terrible, because it was probably someone just trying to monopolize on another story out of the Bible, following in good 'ol Mel's footsteps. It was very well made, but, more importantly, it got me thinking. The movie itself didn't really get me on this train of thought, I wasn't looking forward to watching the movie very much. I thought, "Hey, I'll do it 'cause it makes mom happy, and that's what I want to see." The whole experience was really what got me thinking... We really are lucky to have our mothers. (Dad, don't worry, you'll have your turn come June). A mother is an amazing human being, and I feel very fortunate to have the one I do. I mean, not only did she carry me for a whole 9 months, but she loves me no matter what I do. I can't even do that. I guess I don't know where I'd be without my mom. It's just that I'm amazed at how much a mother can love. That seems to be the only thing they can do, is love. I wish I could take on that characteristic of my mom. You know that poem, "Love endures all things, bears all things..." or something or other? Well I think the word Love in that poem should be replaced with "Mothers".

I love you, Mom.

Ja Kocham Ciebie.