Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Blue Mountains

I ךeft Dan a few days ago, and took Marylin on an adventure to the Blue Mountains for three days. Not forever, just a few days! First thing that I noticed was that it wasn't like mountains in Canada. They should be called the Blue Canyon. Don't get me wrong, they're gorgeous. It's just not the right name. On the first day I woke up early and got a good long hike in. I had to ask the lady at the information booth how I could extend my hike, because I didn't want to do the same thing everyone else does. I met two couples hiking along the trail, the men looking very prepared to power-walk through the forest at max speed. The women, not so much. They looked ready, they simply didn't act ready. Every two minuites they would stop, freaked out by some bug that might be looking at them funny. I got to have a meal at the bottom of this waterfall, sitting on a boulder in the middle of the river (which I fell into trying to get there). It started out beautifully, but by the end of the day the clouds had settled. One second it was fine, everything visible, and the next thing I know I'm being hugged by fog. A great hike. Oh, and also, I got bitten by a leech. He ended up being pretty big.

The next day I relaxed, hiking the backcountry after asking a local for tips. I found what I thought he directed me to, but I ended up discovering my own little trail.

The last day I spent mostly on a hike to the "ruined castle" which is a bunch of boulders on the top of a mountain. There was no view, but I climbed one of the boulders and was rewarded. I love the greenery here. There's tons of vines and ferns everywhere, and wherever you are, all you hear is birds and the rustling of the wind in the treetops. One time I thought I heard a huge animal trudging through the woods, but it ended up just being another hiker. A successful expedition into the wild, the first of many.


I teraz, jak zawrze: Po Polsku.

Zrobilem wyprawe w gory kilka dni temo. Zostawilem Dana w Sydney z kolegami, I pojechalem z Marylin do Niebieskie Gory. Pieknie bylo. Wrzedzie gdzie sie stoji morzna slyszec ptaki czwierkajace. Ale wyglada wjiecei jak Niebieski Kanyon. Porzedlem na hike w gory co dzien, I bylo pieknie. Byly tam ludzie ktorzy bardzo bojili sie Mruwek I innych robakow. Mialem snjadanie na durzym kamieniu w rzece, do kturej wpadlem raz. Bylo fantastycznje caly czas, ale pozniej taka mgla opadla na gory ze nie morzna nic bylo widac. Ale jest okaj bo ja wrzystko juz zobaczylem. Porzedlem tez ras na wyczecke na dziko, sam. To bylo fantastyczne bo czulem sie jak bym byl pierwrzy czlowiek ktory w tym mniejscu stal. Wspaniala wyprawa













.