Thursday, October 04, 2007

A lady bug on my shifter

As some of you may know, I've been accepted into a school where actors go. An acting school, so to speak. Well, I start in January, and I've been hearing grumblings about it, about the insane schedule, the crazy hours you have to put in, and the crazy awesome actor you become at the end of it. I have been thinking of moving out for a while, so I wanted to see if it's absolutely necessary. For me, I just become lazy if I have too much work, but this is something I want to try my best at, so I want to make it easiest for me. I want to move out to be closer to school, so I needed to see if it was absolutely necessary.

I left for Langara at around 11:00. It's a beautiful day, and I actually really liked the commute. I have to try it a couple more times to see exactly how long it takes in the peak hours, but that's if i don't move out. I got there and talked with a nice lady who is involved in the school and I got a lot of info. She told me instantly that I should move out. However, she also said that it's possible to live at home for the first semester. I still don't know what I'm going to do. The schedule has something on it every day, even weekends.

9:00 - 9:00 pm Monday to Friday,
10:30 - 6:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.

However, Saturday or Sunday will sometimes be off. Sometimes. Joy.

I also grabbed a pamflet that said more about the school. This is what it said.

more than 90 percent of Studio 58 students find professional theatre work within six months of graduating.


I am loving this school.

Went to pick up Adrienn from her class, and we had a nice long commute back home. We bought some penguin stickers and had dinner at her place! I love her mom's cooking. It's like living in a marshmallow castle. With Marshmallow furniture. Mmm... edible.

UMOTD:
Going to the Studio 58 class and sitting in on some students practicing... I really hope my auditioner didnt' make a mistake. These guys are good.